Vienna Walking Tour
Guided Walking Tour
approx 2/2.5 hours
- Groups limited to max 15 people for a more intimate and relaxed tour
- Live tour commentary from a certified Austria guide and art historian
- Explore historical sites including the Hofburg Palace, the Spanish Riding School, St Stephen's Cathedral & the State Opera
- Learn to navigate your way around Vienna and where to find its best restaurants
- Meet other travelers & get insider tips, including where to experience its famous coffee house and museum culture
- Group discounts are applied directly on our booking calendar & checkout
- Live tour commentary from our certified Austria guide and art historian, Jan
- Explore historical old town sites including the Hofburg Palace, the Spanish Riding School, St Stephen's Cathedral & the state Opera house
- Learn how to navigate your way around Vienna and where to find great restaurants & other attractions
- Meet other travelers & get insider tips on things to do in Vienna!
Private Walking Tours
- 2.5 hour private walking tour of Vienna's historic old town with art historian and certified Austria guide (max group size - 8)
- Private walking tours available outside of our published availability on request
- Choose where you want to go and what you want to see in conversation with Jan before you begin, or just let us show you the highlights - whichever you prefer
- Enjoy your walking tour entirely at your group's pace, stopping where you want, when you want
10:30am / 2pm
We meet at the geographic centre of Vienna, at its magnificent 13th century cathedral, St Stephen’s. This location is very easy to reach either on foot if you are staying in the centre, or via the u-bahn (underground/metro) station ‘Stephansdom’ on the U1 red line (more details & map below). Please arrive here five minutes before the confirmed start time of your tour to avoid delays! After a brief introduction and an overview of our itinerary from your guide, Jan, we’ll start walking…
The Old Town of Vienna - UNESCO World Heritage Site
As you meander through Vienna’s historical downtown, we’ll explain and show you the stories hidden behind its monuments, magnificent boulevards and epic architecture. We’ll wander past the most famous attractions of the city, including the Hofburg Imperial Palace, the Spanish Riding School, the iconic St Stephen’s Cathedral, the famous Graben shopping street, and, of course, the legendary Viennese State Opera. In between stories of grand architecture, imperial rulers and epoch-changing historical events, our tour is filled with easy tips and tricks concerning everyday Viennese life which will help to make your stay in Vienna unforgettable. So venture out with us to experience Vienna as an insider, to meet fellow travelers from all over the world, and to see Vienna in the great outdoors!
approx 12:30/private tour end time
The tour conveniently ends at the Vienna State Opera on the Ringstrasse. This is right at the heart of the city and is connected by several tram lines and three of the city’s u-bahn lines at Karlsplatz, so wherever you’re staying, it will be a short ride back to your hotel. This is also the prefect spot for following up on our recommendations to further explore Vienna’s sights and coffee houses, most of which are within easy walking distance.